Saturday, January 4, 2014

Simple Steps To The Power of Goal Setting--Step 2

You have chosen something that you want to be, do, or have more than anything else. That is the most important thing! You have to feel passion, desire, and have faith in knowing that you will receive it. You have to be able to see it in your mind and also experience the feeling of having it already!

The next step is to write the goal. Writing a goal down gives you 60-80% more of a chance of achieving it. It is no longer a dream that is floating in the air. Now you will have it front and center. It creates a little psychological anxiety inside when you write it down because you know it is there and you know that you have to do the work to achieve it. When you say, "Oh, I would love to have a kayak so that I could paddle in the Indian River Lagoon and even go fishing!". Well, you are saying it to the air--it is just wishful thinking!

Here are the parts of the goal.
1.  Begin with the word, "TO". I find that the words flow easier using that starting word.
2. Describe in detail exactly what it is that you want.
3. It needs to be dated!

I just became a book author of a children's book. The message I bring to children is that learning this skill is a very valuable asset that can be used throughout life. It is a "Must Have" in a children's library.
It is the gift I want children to open as they read my book.

My goal would look like this:  

To sell 1,000 copies of  the book, The Power of Goal Setting by December 31, 2014.

Next, I put it up right where I can easily see it so that I have a reminder of it as often as possible. I commit it to memory as well and say it over and over so that it gets imprinted on the subconscious mind. Once it is there, watch and see what happens!

Next step coming up...
Donna McGoff
https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781629946382

No comments:

Post a Comment